Sunday, March 6, 2011

Woven.

It takes many years for a blanket or rug to be woven into a masterpiece. It takes thousands of strands and thousands of hours invested into it. It takes patience, determination, and vision for someone to complete it. I'm realizing this lately; I am being woven, I am not the mastermind behind it. I am not the weaver; I am the blanket in progress.

I am an achiever. I am a do-er. I am the one who always puts in the effort, who makes the dream come alive and who brings others' dreams to reality. But not today.

I've recently taken a step back to observe who I am. I've been trying to fit all the pieces together into what I think I'm doing and where I'm headed. But maybe, for now, I should focus on the fact that I'm a growing and changing blanket and everyone and everything in my life is shaping me into something greater than I can even imagine, so maybe it isn't my job to figure it out just yet. I've been too focused on where the thread needs to go and what color should be used next and how it must be executed for the 'perfect' final product. And as of late, I've taken a step back to witness the beauty of this blanket that is being created by my life.

I'm finding comfort, today, in the big picture. Not in the small idiosyncrasies or imperfections. And today I see a blanket being woven, not all of the hard work and details that must be just right. Today I am appreciating the work in progress.
I am being woven and I'm not finished just yet.

I'm leaving the analysis for another day. The expectation to be a 10 can come on another day. Sometimes we need to take a step back from all of the 'I need to...' and take a look at ourselves and say, 'I am.'

And today I'm not focused on my end product; I'm focused on the fact that I'm being woven, and I am going to just leave it at that, for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment